AUSTRALIA WILDFIRE FUND
AUSTRALIA WILDFIRE EMERGENCY APPEAL
Australia is in the state of a nationwide Bushfire Emergency. Can you help us save wildlife, rescue injured animals and restore their lost habitats?
THE AUSTRALIA WILDFIRE FUND IS AN INTERNATIONAL RESPONSE & HELP TO THE FAMILIES, FIREFIGHTERS & ANIMALS KILLED/SUFFERED DUE TO AUSTRALIAN BUSHFIRES, LAUNCHED WITH A $3 MILLION USD COMMITMENT TO RESCUE, SHELTER, FOOD MEDICATION & REBUILD NATURAL HABITATS OF ANIMALS. SITUATION IS WORSE – ACT NOW. SUPPORT STARTS FROM $5 DONATE NOW.
The allocation of donations received by AWF will be used to assist as many animals as possible across the nation. We will allocate funding to support urgent needs of wildlife organisations by partnering with local wildlife response organisations, communities, scientists, doctors and ground volunteers – to all states and territories where needed to assist animals affected by bushfire crisis. Please contact us with any questions. We will soon be announcing some new initiatives that have been made possible through these generous contributions.
Right now, our staff, qualified experts and volunteers are working around the clock to ensure that as many native animals as possible receive the ongoing care, supplementary food and recovery they need. This includes koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, possums, echidnas, birds, reptiles and more.
There is an immediate need to locate, rescue and care for injured animals and while this will be a long process in itself, there is a much longer term focus needed on supporting animals affected by the loss of habitat, the shortage of food and depletion of their populations in the wild. With the imminent risk to threatened species on the pathway to extinction as a result of the mass elimination of habitat, urgent action is needed.
Rescued Koalas getting driks from the firefighters.
Posted by Australia Wildfire Fund on Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Your generosity is appreciated as your contribution is going to be a great help in effort to fight Australia Bushfire and rescue, shelter, food, medicate billions of animals affected and in long term restore their natural habitat to save them from extinction.
Our Steps Towards Wildfire Emergency Crisis:
- Purchasing and regenerating crucial habitat for species affected by wildfires and now flash floods.
- Sending medical supplies to wildlife rescuers and carers on the frontline of the fire-affected areas.
- Purchasing commercial food preparation equipment for wildlife care groups to cater for a huge number of patients.
- Purchasing animals carer packs to be sent home with wildlife carers. These include bottles, milk formula and animal baskets/wraps.
- Allocating doctors and volunteer with purchased medical supplies for injured animals.
- Patrolling remote areas and burnt forest to sport and rescue injured animals
- Reach to the spot provided on support numbers by general public to rescue injured animals
- Installation of water tanks in remote areas to maintain the water supply to animals in wild